SPECIAL EVENTS MANAGER | PRESERVATION HALL, NEW ORLEANS
Preservation Hall was established in 1961 dedicated to protect, preserve, and perpetuate Traditional New Orleans-style Jazz. Over 50 years later, Preservation Hall continues their mission on tour, through education/community outreach, and with nightly concerts at their historic venue in the French Quarter over 350 nights a year and for over 100,000 visitors per year. Preservation Hall continues to:
• serve as a cultural, educational, and community resource
• honor the legendary artists that play and have played the Preservation Hall
• provide visitors to New Orleans with some of the best music the city has to offer
• provide a homebase for artists, productions and cultural events.
• act as ambassadors of New Orleans music & culture to the world
The Preservation Hall Special Events Manager is responsible for establishing the complete strategy of selling and producing full-service events within the event venue as well as offsite Preservation Hall related events. The Special Events Manager will work with current Management to learn about and is accountable for identifying new accounts, re-soliciting existing accounts, developing customer relationships through outside sales to maximize revenues while achieving annual business goals. Central to the success of this role will be the ability of the right leader to deepen client relationships, working closely with local hotel partners, regional event planners, caterers, and bar service providers to establish the venue as a beloved New Orleans destination. This position requires an extremely well-rounded sales and event production professional with masterful knowledge of varying sales platforms as it relates to all aspects of on-premise catering sales and event production.
- Develop the sales strategy and oversee the successful procurement of venue sales budgets
- Identify short-term and long-term sales opportunities and support management to achieve individual and team goals.
- Field and reply to inquiry phone calls for all types of events including, corporate, philanthropic, benefit, social, photo/video shoots, internal catering, etc.
- Coordinate with the PH accounting department on budgeting, as well as, ensure that all remote payroll systems and practices are continually refined and updated.
- Act as lead on all communications between venue and the client, being a unified point of contact for all stakeholders and conduit for information and initiatives
- Proactively engage local hotel collaborations, convention sales efforts and regional event planners to ensure venue provides a unique alternative for client events in the heart of the French Quarter
- Collaborate to effectively manage internal and external communications relating to the full life-cycle of sales, production, execution and all financial components tied to each event
- Collaborate with marketing team on strategic initiatives that will produce measurable financial results including creation and maintenance of sales kits and all client facing collateral
- Create and maintain all systems for capturing sales related information, including client facing documents, proposals, contracts, floorplans, inventory of upcharge items, post event surveys, and other systems as needed
- Establish ongoing standard operating procedures related to Venue sales process, staffing, production, and execution
- Book/Coordinate Preservation Hall Band bookings for off-site functions, as it related to Special Events.
- Support event preparations and service on-site as needed
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings
- Maintain up to date information regarding all potential and current bookings
- 2+ years of experience maintaining an event sales and events portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree or commiserate experience in premise event sales, production and execution
- Capable of building, maintaining and teaching skills to develop strong client relationships
- Masterful understanding of on-premise event sales, planning, logistics, and execution
- Ability to represent brand in a positive way in all types of client interactions
- Ability to fluently discuss finances, budgets, cuisine and beverage options with clients
- Possess a variety of proven sales and relationship building techniques
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills/Microsoft Office, and other systems as needed
Preservation Hall is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply at email@example.com